Unlimited tennis per household – only £30 per year!
And a choice of 20 tennis courts in the Bournemouth area…
Redhill Park (3 courts), Shelley Park (3 courts),
Swanmore Gardens (8 courts), Winton Recreation Ground (6 courts)
Tennis in the Park Courts Scheme
- Purpose of the Scheme: To encourage more people to play tennis by providing quality facilities at an affordable price.
- The Fob System: Once you have paid £30 for the year you will be sent a key fob to gain access to the courts. You will then be able to play on the courts as many times as you want provided they are not in use by others.
- Membership Cost: £30 for 1 year per household.
- The Booking System: When you join the scheme you will be able to book the courts 7 days a week 365 days a year free of charge. This can be done via the website using the link above, or by phone on 01202 519455.
Tennis Courts included in your membership:
- Redhill Park Tennis Courts: 3 tennis courts near Moordown. Location: Redhill Avenue, Bournemouth BH9 2SW
- Shelley Park Tennis Courts: 3 tennis courts in Boscombe. Location: On the corner of Beechwood Avenue and Grovely Avenue, Boscombe BH5 1LX.
- Swanmore Gardens: 8 tennis courts in Boscombe East. Location: Swanmore Road, Bournemouth BH7 6PD
- Winton Recreation Ground: 6 tennis courts in Winton, inc 4 floodlit courts*. Location: Winton Recreation Ground, Fitzharris Avenue, Bournemouth BH9 1BX *Tokens for flood lights can be bought from The West Hants Club. £2 per token for 1 hour (10 tokens for £18)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a member of Tennis in the Park?
Simply download the application form using the link above, fill it in and send with your payment to The West Hants Club, Roslin Road South, Bournemouth BH3 7EF.
Do I get a fob for each person in the household?
No. You only have one fob per household. If you want more then you must pay an extra £30 per fob (limited to 2 per household).
How do I book courts?
To book courts click on the link above or phone The West Hants Club on 01202 519455.
How do I cancel courts?
You can cancel either on the website or by phone. Out of courtesy please cancel as soon as you know so others can play.
Am I tied into a contract?
No. You pay £30 for 1 year and if you want to carry on with the use of the courts the following year, you will need to pay again.
What happens if I join half way through the year? Do I get a reduced fee to pay?
No, there is no reduced fee. From the time we receive your payment, that is when your full year starts.
Once we have joined do we still have to pay court fees?
All courts are free once you have joined.
Can I book two courts in a row?
No. You can book one court and if the next session is free then you can stay on and play. You must vacate the court if it has been booked by another person.
How do I buy tokens for the floodlights at Winton Tennis Courts?
All tokens are sold at The West Hants Club for £2 each or £18 for 10. Please visit between 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday. Address: The West Hants Club, Roslin Road South, Bournemouth BH3 7EF. Tel. 01202 519455.
What happens if my fob does not work or I lose it?
The West Hants Club will not accept any responsibility for fobs as we have no idea how they have been treated. All fobs are tested before being sent out. If for any reason you require a replacement fob, you will pay £10.
Where can I go to buy a racket or if my strings break?
The Shop at The West Hants Club is fully stocked with rackets, clothing, footwear and balls. We also provide a racket stringing service with expert professional advice. If you would like to learn about the different types of strings we recommend this guide from Perfect Tennis.
What happens if I have booked a court and I turn up and there is another person playing on the court?
The West Hants Club take no responsibility for any disputes that might occur at the facility. However, it would be wise to take along a printout of your booking in case this happens. If a dispute occurs please contact us on 01202 519455. The name which appears on our booking sheet will take precedence